|I cannot believe you just did that.|
No, wait. Yes I can.
I took Thursday and Friday off to do the last (or so I hope) of the edits to my current WIP. I spent a good eight hours working on the manuscript on Thursday, but then Friday, Saturday and most of Sunday were taken up with errands making and canning homemade applesauce. (Homemade applesauce... mmmmmm)
The edits were very focused: give my main character more reactions. Let the reader know what he's thinking and feeling. Tell them how he's reacting to the craziness going on around him.
By Sunday night I had worked my way through the last thirty or so pages of the manuscript, the part where my character really needed to be seen sweating out his absurd near death experience to save the day. Today I printed it out, being one of those people who does final line edits better on paper than on the laptop.
Tonight I compromised: read on paper, make the changes to the document open on my laptop. It went fine for about seventy pages.
Then, at the top of the page, I found a word that needed to be changed. I scrolled upward twice on the trackpad to get to the word... the non-existent trackpad on the piece of paper I was reading.
And then I got annoyed that the cursor/pointer wasn't traveling up the piece of paper to the word that needed changing.
Stupid computers/pieces of paper.