Friday, November 30, 2012

Maggie Stiefvater on The Path to Writing



Disclaimer
We have had the distinct pleasure and honor of meeting Maggie Stiefvater and her husband.  We had a fun day with them, both visiting exotic animals and hanging out before her author talk at Quail Ridge Books, and then with her husband while she was busy doing that Author-Book-Signing thing.  (For the record, Maggie's husband, Ed, is just as cool as she is.)

Maggie just posted this video of her driving her (latest) muscle car while filming a video response to a question asked by a reader.  (Does this mean she gets to write off her video recording device AND her car as a legitimate business expense?  I, for one, hope so.)

I've been thinking about questions and formulating answers tangential to the questions she asks and answers in this video.  And while I'll get to them in the coming weeks, I'll let Maggie start off the conversation.

Sadly, I won't be able to match the revving of her Camero's EIGHT CYLINDERS while giving my written ruminations.

*Sigh*


-- Tom