Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Better People

Front window of Magic City Books in Tulsa, OK
(Quote by Magic City Books co-founder Cindy Hulsey)


"Our brains like reading.  It lets us experience life.  ...I think it makes us better people."

-- Cindy Hulsey

I saw this photo/quote last week in Shelf Awareness Pro, a publishing industry newsletter and immediately agreed with it. 


Much of my life is spent passively reacting to the world around me.  There are, however, those things that shake me loose from that numbness and bring me back into this miracle world.

There are things that make me want to be a better person.  Books.  Music.  Writting.  Photography.  People.  Cats.  Day Lilies. 

These are things that actively make their mark on me as I actively spend time with them, seeing my world anew.  How can I not want to be a better person?


...