Friday, May 4, 2012

Logical Consistencies


Okay, I'm a big fan of The Hunger Games trilogy.  I think Suzanne Collins did a great job creating a familiar yet different world and populating it with believable characters.  Her tone throughout the books was spot-on and she gave Katness enough of an edge mixed with brattiness to keep her an intriguing, ever-growing character.

And yet, the ending of the first book kinda bothered me.  Really?  Keep living a lie?  Lose the guy you love who has been taking care of your family for the wimpier Peeta?  Really? 

Apparently, it bothered the fine How It Should Have Ended as well.  The funniest thing to me was that they nailed exactly what I was thinking when they got to the shared poison berries scene just before the end.

BONUS:  Here's how Harry Potter should have ended as well.  It makes a lot of sense, doesn't it?


Brilliant!